[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-discuss] [FAQ] new entries (here: CA/JCA/SCA)
- Subject: [tdf-discuss] [FAQ] new entries (here: CA/JCA/SCA)
- From: "Dr. Bernhard Dippold"<email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 21:01:37 +0200 (CEST)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
just starting to collect additional FAQ entries to be added to
Please provide questions and answers you think to be important, improve my wordings and content, if I'm not clear enough or simply wrong.
Q: What are copyright agreements (CA/JCA/SCA) with Oracle and why are they counterproductive to OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice and FOSS?
A: Every contributor to OpenOffice.org code has to sign a contract about sharing the contribution's copyright with Oracle. As this agreement can't be retracted it covers all future contributions too. This allows Oracle to behave as the copyright owner, claiming copyright infringement and other legal rights.
On the other hand this agreement allows them to release the contribution under any license they want to, including proprietary ones, without the contributor having any right to refuse it.
To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to email@example.com
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
|Re: [tdf-discuss] [FAQ] new entries (here: CA/JCA/SCA)||Andrea Pescetti <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] [FAQ] new entries (here: CA/JCA/SCA)||Roman Gelbort <email@example.com>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] [FAQ] new entries (here: CA/JCA/SCA)||jonathon <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] [FAQ] new entries (here: CA/JCA/SCA)||Robert Sedak <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [tdf-discuss] Re: [tdf-discuss] Explanation . . . ?
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] LO Quickstarter for GNOME?
- Previous by thread: RE : [tdf-discuss] Does LO still overwrite OOo?
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] [FAQ] new entries (here: CA/JCA/SCA)