[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-discuss] [Legalese] "Foundation" or "Group"?
- Subject: [tdf-discuss] [Legalese] "Foundation" or "Group"?
- From: Gianluca Turconi <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 13:53:49 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm a supporter and contributor of the OpenOffice.org Project since the very beginning (Yeah, I was there in 2000 :-)
I'm trying to have a full picture about what is happening.
Is "The Document Foundation" a *real* Foundation, incorporated and registered in a specific country and governed by a specific law or is it still a international "group of people/different legal entities" without any legal unity?
If the former is true, is there a Chart of the Foundation that explains duties/rights/organization/statutory purposes and so on?
If it isn't true, is the present group preparing such Chart and will it file documents for registration in any country?
I've seen much confusion about money contributions and the relationship between this "Foundation" and the German OpenOffice.org Deutschland e.V entity that, AFAIK, is a different legal entity.
Sincerely, I really miss a big chunk of info about what *exactly* is/will be "The Document Foundation".
Any clarification will be highly appreciated.
To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to email@example.com
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
|Re: [tdf-discuss] [Legalese] "Foundation" or "Group"?||Karl-Heinz Gödderz <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] [Legalese] "Foundation" or "Group"?||Alexander Thurgood <email@example.com>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] [Legalese] "Foundation" or "Group"?||Sophie <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Question about localized web pages
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Renessance project in LibreOffice
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] Question about localized web pages
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] [Legalese] "Foundation" or "Group"?