[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-discuss] Question about localized web pages
- Subject: [tdf-discuss] Question about localized web pages
- From: Takashi NAKAMOTO <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 16:25:36 +0900
- To: email@example.com
Hello, and conguratulations for the new Document Foundation!
First of all, speaking for all community members and users in Japan, we're glad to see the announcement. I hope The Document Foundation will benefit all active contributors in Japan and users including governments and commercial entities.
Currently, I've translated the announcement into Japanese. It is currently in review process. Although many of Internet media in Japan have already played up the establishment of The Document Foundation and LibreOffice as a big news, which is a good thing, I believe translation of the announcement will help people know the true reasons why LibreOffice launched. The translation will be published through our Japanese NLC tools (mailing list, wiki or something) very soon.
I have one question about localization or translation of the web site. Is there any plan to have localized pages or translation of The Document Foundation's web site? As we will be able to provide language packs of LibreOffice (as far as I see relevant mailing lists), we may need to translate the web site in other languages so that local people will be able to download and try LibreOffice feeling relieved. As for translation into Japanese, I can contribute my time.
To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Explanation . . . ?
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions
- Previous by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] Question about localized web pages
- Next by thread: [tdf-discuss] [Legalese] "Foundation" or "Group"?