Hi :)
I tend to agree.  He/she does give some good answers to solve some problems
but usually does quite the opposite.

On the other hand we need to learn to deal with the type of blatant FUD
he/she spouts.  What he/she claims is often the complete opposite of
reality but it tends to be the commonly held view in the world out there.
 It would be good if we used his/her ridiculous posts to develop calm,
humorous and dignified retorts.  Sadly it is rare to find people giving
answers such as James' recent one.  Mostly we just get too defensive and
angry and unable to cope and that makes the lists seem hostile.

Also while he/she is on-list at least he/she is less able to spread such
nonsense in the comments under press articles and elsewhere.  I've always
hoped that his/her energy could be harnessed for good but it doesn't appear
to be going that way.

Finally, banning such people makes them appear to have won.  It shows
weakness = that we are unable to cope.   It sets a precedence.  In the
future do we just give-up on people and cases that are not easy to solve or
do we continue to try to figure out answers?  Such people just come back
under another name.

However, i think Italo is right and that banning this one person is
inevitably going to be something that has to be done.
Regards from
Tom :)