[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-mirrors] Re: [libreoffice-website] Suggestion
- Subject: [tdf-mirrors] Re: [libreoffice-website] Suggestion
- From: Christian Lohmaier <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:54:20 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
Hi Jonathan, *,
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Jonathan Aquilina
> or if there is a way to detect a bogged down server which is
> recieving lots of downloads,
Unfortunately there is no way to detect a bogged down server before
redirecting the user to that mirror.
But there is the possibility to reduce the score of a mirror, so it
will be used less often.
> First attempt at downloading i was getting speeds of about 18kbps. I
> cancelled the download and restarted again and it started at 780kbps and
> started slowing down.
See - hard to impossible to tell before redirecting the user to the mirror.
Benchmarking mirrors for transfer speed is hard though, as it depends
on so many factors. Testing from TDF servers can give much different
results from actual users from the region the mirror is meant for...
I'll think of adding a "slow mirror" link or similar..
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/mirrors/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[tdf-mirrors] Suggestion||Jonathan Aquilina <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [tdf-mirrors] Re: [libreoffice-website] Suggestion
- Next by Date: [tdf-mirrors] outdated mirrors
- Previous by thread: [tdf-mirrors] Re: [libreoffice-website] Suggestion
- Next by thread: [tdf-mirrors] outdated mirrors