Hi Henri, *,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 5:30 PM, M Henri Day <mhenriday@gmail.com> wrote:

for the upcoming new version 4.4.3 the builds for RC2 are now
available on pre-releases.
[...]

Thanks for this heads-up, Christian ! I previously installed 4.4.3 RC 1 on
my (64-bit) Windows8.1 boxes ; after reading your message above I checked
for updates in the programme, but received, as I usually do in LO - see
updated».

That is normal/expected. The update will only be proposed once it is
released as stable.

 The version presently installed is 4.4.3.1, with Build ID:
b2f347f2ac68821efc00b6f1793cda90af748118 (and language setting sv_SE). Is
this the latest and greatest, or do I, as I suspect, have to download and
install RC 2 separately (I'd really like to see that problem with the update
checker fixed) ?

So far  there never have been updates to RC versions, only to stable versions.

So when 4.4.3 rc2 (aka 4.4.3.2), i.e. different from your 4.4.3.1 =
rc1 build, is released as final, then it will suggest an update.

The plan is to make the online-check offer the update one or two days
after the announcement, at least for the early versions (.0, .1 & .2)

So check whether update-check does work can only be performed after
final release is out, not while it is still in rc phase.

ciao
Christian