Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: security related information, CVE-2019-9848, CVE-2019-9849

Hello Derek,

Le 10 août 2019 06:38:34 GMT+02:00, Derek Currie <derekcurrie@mac.com> a écrit :
>I've been following this situation closely and advising users about the
>workaround for *CVE-2019-9848*.
>
>*Problem:* The Document Foundation has stated that the patch for
>CVE-2019-9848 was not entirely effective. I can provide documentation.
>further patch was supposed to be applied in version 6.3.4 this week.
>And yet
>there is no record in the release notes of that patch. Instead, there
>is an
>incorrect listing that CVE-2019-9848 was patched in v6.2.5.2, which has
>been
>published to not be the case.

So both MITRE and the Document Foundation are wrong according to you?

Also, 6.3.0/was just released, not 6.3.4, and in my understanding has also the proper patch(es). This is of course a rather dynamic situation that our security team is actively working on.

>https://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/security/advisories/cve-2019-9848/
><https://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/security/advisories/cve-2019-9848/>
>

>This situation is thoroughly confusing users.

I am not sure it is...

>I'm continuing to advise users to apply the workaround for
>CVE-2019-9848.

What workaround? Are you in charge of users in a professional environment?

Thanks,

Charles.