[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)


Hello Andreas,

Andreas Mantke @ 2019-04-06 12:36 CEST:

> Hello,
>
> Am 25.03.19 um 16:28 schrieb Andreas Mantke:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Am 25.03.19 um 14:48 schrieb Italo Vignoli:
>>> When in the past it was suggested by several people to get in touch with
>>> them to explore a closer collaboration, this was always refused because
>>> it would have "offended" John Haller (and they were linked only by the
>>> Italian community).
>>>
>>> So, I do not see why they should link to our infrastructure when they
>>> have been ignored (if not considered as second class citizens because of
>>> their geographical origins). In fact, they are doing a better job than
>> to sum up and make it short and clear:
>>
>> a) the accusation goes into the direction of TDF's board of directors in
>> this case;
>>
>> b) it incorporates the accusation of a discrimination because of
>> someones geological origin (national origin).
>> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination)
>>
>> It's surprising to read such text and belief from the main contact
>> person of TDF and staff member for marketing and PR.
>
> seemed the current board has no issue with this statement and
> accusation, because there is no reply from any of its members yet.
>
> If the board accepts the statement, that could have some impact on the
> status of the foundation.

I had not followed this thread actively since its beginning, as I don't have
the use for a portable version of LibreOffice and never really had one in the past.

I will say however that you seem to be asking the questions and making the
answers yourself. Your a) does not make sense. Italo is alluding to issues I
myself heard many years ago concerning the different portable LibreOffice
projects, one of them who seemed to have a problem with TDF. I'm not sure
what this meant or what this means today.
But it does not go into the direction of TDF's board, it's a thread on
@discuss. As to your point b): are you even serious?

So there's no accusation coming from anyone but you in this case. I note your last
statement however, and I'm a bit concerned about what you meant: how does
this discussion have an impact on the status of the foundation? Why do you
want to involve the board on such matter? What's your turf?


--
Charles-H. Schulz Co-founder, The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint Mobile Number: +33 (0)6 98 65 54 24.

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: discuss+unsubscribe@documentfoundation.org
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

References:
[tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)Edmund Laugasson <edmund.laugasson@gmail.com>
Re: [tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>
Re: [tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier+ooofuture@googlemail.com>
Re: [tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)Edmund Laugasson <edmund.laugasson@gmail.com>
Re: [tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)Edmund Laugasson <edmund@libreoffice.org>
Re: [tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)Italo Vignoli <italo@documentfoundation.org>
Re: [tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)Andreas Mantke <maand@gmx.de>
Re: [tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)Andreas Mantke <maand@gmx.de>
Re: [tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)Italo Vignoli <italo@documentfoundation.org>
Re: [tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)Andreas Mantke <maand@gmx.de>
Re: [tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)Andreas Mantke <maand@gmx.de>
Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.