[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] Realtime collaboration without a browser, CMU Link Grammar checker
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] Realtime collaboration without a browser, CMU Link Grammar checker
- From: Michael Meeks <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 21:23:27 +0100
- To: Keith Curtis <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
On 18/04/18 18:39, Keith Curtis wrote:
> 1. Have you thought about creating a plugin for realtime collaboration
> without running in a browser ?
Yes. Checkout eg.
In a nutshell - I for one abandoned this approach: it is hard - far
harder than the existing Online design - to the point that having a fake
shell using tiling (etc.) that looks like LibreOffice but is really
something like a browser to a single nominated end-point which is an
Online instance: non-symmetric but far easier is an approach I'd suggest.
> I'd love to be able to hand out
> LibreOffice invites to other people to work on shared documents, or
> even connecting to a Google server, but continuing to do all my work
> inside my beloved LibreOffice. I see LibreOffice allows you to connect
> to Google docs, but I don't think it enables real-time collaboration
> or the chatbox.
Wouldn't we all =) firewalls aside, the coding problem of keeping
multiple models in-sync asynchronously and resolving conflicts is
roughly O(n^2) where n is in the number of operations that can be
exchanged. Coding complexity / or developer time that goes with N^2 is a
nightmare =) consider re-ordering sort-sheet vs. rename cell vs. insert
chart ;-> ...
email@example.com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[tdf-discuss] Realtime collaboration without a browser, CMU Link Grammar checker||Keith Curtis <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [tdf-discuss] Realtime collaboration without a browser, CMU Link Grammar checker
- Next by Date: [tdf-discuss] security related information, CVE-2018-10583
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] Realtime collaboration without a browser, CMU Link Grammar checker
- Next by thread: [tdf-discuss] security related information, CVE-2018-10583