[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] I need a Grammar Checker that runs on GNU/Linux
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] I need a Grammar Checker that runs on GNU/Linux
- From: jonathon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 22:37:25 +0000
- To: email@example.com
On 11/03/2017 09:53 PM, John Lewis wrote:
> proof readers for around three weeks now, and new typos are still being discovered.
a) What language is the target document in?
b) Is the target document in your first language, or your
c) What tools are you currently using for:
* Spell Checking;
* Grammar Checking;
d) What modifications to the standard/default configuration of each
grammar checker have you made?
>Is there anything in LibreOffice that can help us grammar check better?
From my perspective, Language Tool desperately needs grammar checking for:
(Listing languages is order of number of global L1 + L2 users.)
* Chinese: Mandarin;
* Chinese: Mandarin as a second language;
* Spanish as a Second Language;
* English (USA);
* English (UK)
* English as a second language --- US usage;
* English as a second language --- UK usage;
In an ideal world, Language Tool would have the volunteer manpower to
provide both First language and Second Language grammar checking for at
least the 25 most used languages on the planet.
IOW, grammar checking is the realm of upstream, rather than LibO per se.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [tdf-discuss] I need a Grammar Checker that runs on GNU/Linux||John Lewis <email@example.com>|
|[tdf-discuss] I need a Grammar Checker that runs on GNU/Linux||John Lewis <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [tdf-discuss] I need a Grammar Checker that runs on GNU/Linux
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] I need a Grammar Checker that runs on GNU/Linux
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] I need a Grammar Checker that runs on GNU/Linux
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] I need a Grammar Checker that runs on GNU/Linux