[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-discuss] MS Anniversary upgrade warning - not LO issue
- Subject: [tdf-discuss] MS Anniversary upgrade warning - not LO issue
- From: Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 09:17:04 -0500
- To: LibreO - Users Global <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LibreO - Discuss <email@example.com>
This is not about LO but about MS crashing both the Windows file system and GRUB.
If you have not run the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade, you might want to consider it as a new OS install that crashes GRUB and messes with the Windows partition where it need major repair.
Yesterday, I upgraded my older DELL laptop that runs both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04.
Win10 gave me a icon for the Anniversary Upgrade Assistant. IT took hours for the download and verify it. During the install, at about 30% complete, the install required a reboot. GRUB errors was all I got. I had to use a boot repair disk twice to get the laptop to be able to boot at all. When I was able to boot to Windows, it took about 20 minutes for Windows to auto-fix the file system. Then it took 6 more hours to finish the install. It took less time to install the Win7 to Win10 upgrade, than it took the Anniversary upgrade.
Yes, MS messes with the GRUB system when it gets install alongside of Ubuntu, but it never caused so much trouble as it did yesterday afternoon to late evening. 6+ hours to install the upgrade and fix the laptop so it would boot again, was not expected.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] New to OpenSource
- Next by Date: [tdf-discuss] Request for security check list
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] New to OpenSource
- Next by thread: [tdf-discuss] Request for security check list