[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-discuss] Re: Java still broke on LibreOffice 5.1.1
- Subject: [tdf-discuss] Re: Java still broke on LibreOffice 5.1.1
- From: V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote@utsa.edu>
- Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 10:03:02 -0700 (MST)
- To: email@example.com
Larry Gusaas wrote
> LibreOffice 5.1.1 on Macs still doesn't recognize Java Runtime Environment
> (JRE 1.8.0_73 & OS X
> You need to fix this bug. Can't use database without JRE.
As noted in the thread LibreOffice User ML 2016-02-10 thread
, for the 5.1 release of LibreOffice the JRE installed with the JDK is now
required for use of the HSQLDB and the remaining bundled Java apps
Moving it over here to the LibreOffice Discus ML is fine. Cordial
discussion is always welcome.
However, the reality remains that until Oracle and Apple complete work on
removing the Java Runtime Support framework unique to OS X (now Oracle's
responsibility and marked for implementation for Java 9) use of the JDK
deployed JRE (the NeoOffice provided patches) as now implemented in
LibreOffice is where things are. Not ideal, but a WORKSFORME workaround.
We can't fix what Oracle and Apple broke (rather omitted), and we probably
won't revert to the status quo of 5.0 and the 4.x release as that required
its own set of work arounds--i.e. requiring install of Apples unsupported
JRE in addition to a Java 8 JRE.
That is the reality.
View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Java-still-broke-on-LibreOffice-5-1-1-tp4178215p4178388.html
Sent from the Discuss mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[tdf-discuss] Java still broke on LibreOffice 5.1.1||Larry Gusaas <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Java still broke on LibreOffice 5.1.1
- Next by Date: [tdf-discuss] Re: Java still broke on LibreOffice 5.1.1
- Previous by thread: Re: Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Java still broke on LibreOffice 5.1.1
- Next by thread: [tdf-discuss] Re: Java still broke on LibreOffice 5.1.1