Larry, *

Larry Gusaas wrote
LibreOffice 5.1.1 on Macs still doesn't recognize Java Runtime Environment
(JRE 1.8.0_73 & OS X
ver.10.11.3)

You need to fix this bug. Can't use database without JRE.

As noted in the thread LibreOffice  User ML  2016-02-10 thread
<http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Java-broke-on-LO-5-1-on-Macs-tc4174830.html>
, for the 5.1  release of LibreOffice the JRE installed with the JDK is now
required for use of the HSQLDB and the remaining bundled Java apps
(NLPSolver).

Moving it over here to the LibreOffice Discus ML is fine.  Cordial
discussion is always welcome.

However, the reality remains that until Oracle and Apple complete work on
removing the Java Runtime Support framework unique to OS X (now Oracle's
responsibility and marked for implementation for Java 9) use of the JDK
deployed JRE (the NeoOffice provided patches) as now implemented in
LibreOffice is where things are.  Not ideal, but a WORKSFORME workaround.

We can't fix what Oracle and Apple broke (rather omitted), and we probably
won't revert to the status quo of 5.0 and the 4.x release  as that required
its own set of work arounds--i.e.  requiring install of Apples unsupported
JRE in addition to a Java 8 JRE.

That is the reality.

Stuart

=-ref-=