Yes, LibreOffice targets Strict in addition to Transitional (because Strict does not exist, as the
process to save Strict with MS Office  is not limited to choosing Strict but also to the user
behaviour, in a way that makes Strict almost impossible to obtain).

MS Office will create a Strict file only if the user saves the Document as Strict before doing ANY
other thing (for instance, adding a single letter or a simple space), as otherwise MS Office
creates a Transitional file.

In addition, MS Office opens Strict files as Transitional (the default format), so that the user
must save it as Strict each time. If someone hits Ctrl-S, the file becomes Transitional and will
NEVER revert to Strict.

You can try yourself. This is why I am repeating that a Strict file does not exist (by the way,
Office for Mac does not support Strict, so if you have a single Mac user, Strict is gone). I have
made several tests, and Strict is close to impossible to obtain when exchanging files.

I hope this explains the situation.

Italo Vignoli
Sent from Mobile