[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Installing on Mac OS X



Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com> @ 2015-12-18 23:35 CET:

> On 2015-12-18, 4:14 PM Charles-H. Schulz wrote concerning "Re:
> [tdf-discuss] Re: Installing on Mac OS X":
>
>
> 4. I call LibreOffice a clone because it is a clone. Some people try
>> to dispute this unequivocal fact.
>
> No, that is your opinion.
>
> No it is a fact. When did LibreOffice have the legal right to the name
> OpenOffice.org. Never. Why did LibreOffice update its code base to
> Apache OpenOffice?

I'm sorry but what are you even talking about? You seem to call a clone (and
apply its negative nuance to it) what started as a
fork. http://www.opensource.org for more and again:
http://gerrit.libreoffice.org -> what you see there is not clone of Apache
OpenOffice .


>
> LibreOffice is not a successor to OpenOffice.org, it is a clone
> derived from it. All legal, by the way. But your claims not to be a
> clone are specious.

It seems you want to make a political point while aggressively complaining
about a real issue with language packs on OSX and repeatedly "threatening" to
go back to Apache OpenOffice. My initial reaction was to help you sort out
the issue, but you already had sorted it out yourself. My second reaction was
to encourage you to follow your impulse and go back using Apache
OpenOffice. If LibreOffice makes your life miserable, you have other choices,
and after all, it's not like you've purchased it or something. My only regret
is that I did not understand your point until long into the thread....

Cheers,

Charles.


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: discuss+unsubscribe@documentfoundation.org
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

References:
[tdf-discuss] Installing on Mac OS XLarry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com>
Re: [tdf-discuss] Installing on Mac OS XUwe Altmann <ooo@altsys.de>
[tdf-discuss] Re: Installing on Mac OS XLarry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com>
Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Installing on Mac OS XUwe Altmann <ooo@altsys.de>
[tdf-discuss] Re: Installing on Mac OS XLarry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com>
Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.