[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] Is the "Office Open XML" option strict?
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] Is the "Office Open XML" option strict?
- From: Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:04:33 -0500
- To: email@example.com
On 12/10/2015 12:23 PM, avamk wrote:
Hello,The problem with OOXML is the fact that each updated version of MS Office seems to use a different version of OOXML.
I was just reading yesterday that starting with Microsoft Office 2010,
Microsoft Office programs like Word and PowerPoint are able to read files
saved in the Office Open XML (OOXML) "strict" format. In fact as far as I
can tell Office 2013 or later natively supports reading and writing to the
When saving in LibreOffice, I'm presented with the option to save my file in
the "Office Open XML" format. My questions are:
(1) Does LibreOffice also save it in the "strict" OOXML format? Is strict
OOXML fully implemented in LibreOffice?
(2) Is it better to save using the "Office Open XML" format, or the formats
named like "Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint 2007-2013 XML"?
Yes, for software freedom purposes I prefer saving in the Open Document
Format, but I would get endless complaints from colleagues saying I'm
sending them weird and "corrupted" files... :( In fact even if I save in the
OOXML format I still get complaints, but at least I get less...
My solution for Word users is to use .doc instead of .docx. It works well for me and the people I have to work with that do not use LibreOffice.
If you must use OOXML, do not use the generic Office Open XML. That may be the generic ISO standard that MS wanted but never used properly [IMO] after ODF became the defacto International Standard. I would use the one that states it is for MS Office 2007 / 2010 / 2013.
To be honest, I no longer use MS Office and stopped getting MSO with 2003 version. I have used later version, but always removed them after a few weeks.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[tdf-discuss] Re: Is the "Office Open XML" option strict?||avamk <email@example.com>|
|[tdf-discuss] Is the "Office Open XML" option strict?||avamk <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Request for travel funds for SCALE Conference
- Next by Date: [tdf-discuss] Installing on Mac OS X
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] Is the "Office Open XML" option strict?
- Next by thread: [tdf-discuss] Re: Is the "Office Open XML" option strict?