[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] Windows 10 Mail not opening .doc with LibreOffice Writer
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] Windows 10 Mail not opening .doc with LibreOffice Writer
- From: Peter Hillier-Brook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 18:15:51 +0000
- To: email@example.com
On 08/11/15 16:03, Andy Driver wrote:
> I have a quick question which hopefully you can point me in the right
> A friend using Windows 10 and Mail on a laptop had problems opening the word
> 2003 documents (.doc),which I had emailed her. I had a look and found that
> Mail would allow .docx and .pdf to open with no problems. But not .doc
> I saved the .doc document to her local drive and then opened it from the
> local drive using LibreOffice Writer.
> I thought it must be a Mail, issue but having read some articles on the web,
> it was suggesting it's not a Mail issue but a file extension/association
> If that was the case I don't believe I would be able to open it with
> Libreoffice, especially as I opened the .doc from windows explorer and not
> from within Libreoffice, which means that windows knew that the .doc
> extension was associated with Libreoffice.
> Sorry to ask here but was unable to find an answer on through google.
> It looks like a Mail issue but cannot find anything in Settings, any
> advice/help would be appreciated.
> Libre version 188.8.131.52 Mail version 176208.42001.0
> Many thanks
> Andy Driver
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[tdf-discuss] Windows 10 Mail not opening .doc with LibreOffice Writer||"Andy Driver" <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [tdf-discuss] Windows 10 Mail not opening .doc with LibreOffice Writer
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] security related information, CVE-2015-4551, CVE-2015-5212, CVE-2015-5213, CVE-2015-5214
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] Windows 10 Mail not opening .doc with LibreOffice Writer
- Next by thread: [tdf-discuss] How to convert corrupted OST file into RTF format?