Hi Stephan,

Thanks for posting and supporting free software!
Good that you write here, because I've some additions to what you write.

Ivan Stephen wrote on 06-01-15 07:25:
[...]
However, I realized that I don't care that much that it's slow to open in
OpenOffice, as the file gets used all day.  But I find that OpenOffice seems
MUCH more stable, and doesn't tie up my RAM nearly as much as LibreOffice
for the same file.  (That's really why I dropped LibreOffice.)  Could it be
related to the constantly increasing size of LibreOffice?

I guess you must have worked with a recent, still, version of LibreOffice.
Pls see the download page for explanation of the still and the fresh
versions. Bot stable, but meant for a different audience.

Of course, OpenOffice is also lagging behind Microsoft Office.  I'm also
aware that Munich and Freiburg recently returned to Microsoft after having
made a real commitment to open-source software.

Looks as you have been mislead by headlines of media that published made
ill-informed articles. Munich is not retuning to Microsoft. On the
contrary: they use the freedom to actively participate in open source
software ;)

Also -  it may seem like a little thing, but I reported a bug some time ago.
It was related to your "find" field not allowing anything to be copied into
it.  LibreOffice didn't seem able to fix it, and OpenOffice's find field
works much better  -  and that's another reason to return to it.

Can you pls point me to the bug report? Let's see what is going on there.

Best regards,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws