[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] Returning to OpenOffice
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] Returning to OpenOffice
- From: Cor Nouws <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 09:14:26 +0100
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: Ivan Stephen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks for posting and supporting free software!
Good that you write here, because I've some additions to what you write.
Ivan Stephen wrote on 06-01-15 07:25:
> However, I realized that I don't care that much that it's slow to open in
> OpenOffice, as the file gets used all day. But I find that OpenOffice seems
> MUCH more stable, and doesn't tie up my RAM nearly as much as LibreOffice
> for the same file. (That's really why I dropped LibreOffice.) Could it be
> related to the constantly increasing size of LibreOffice?
I guess you must have worked with a recent, still, version of LibreOffice.
Pls see the download page for explanation of the still and the fresh
versions. Bot stable, but meant for a different audience.
> Of course, OpenOffice is also lagging behind Microsoft Office. I'm also
> aware that Munich and Freiburg recently returned to Microsoft after having
> made a real commitment to open-source software.
Looks as you have been mislead by headlines of media that published made
ill-informed articles. Munich is not retuning to Microsoft. On the
contrary: they use the freedom to actively participate in open source
> Also - it may seem like a little thing, but I reported a bug some time ago.
> It was related to your "find" field not allowing anything to be copied into
> it. LibreOffice didn't seem able to fix it, and OpenOffice's find field
> works much better - and that's another reason to return to it.
Can you pls point me to the bug report? Let's see what is going on there.
GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28 A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
- vrijwilliger http://nl.libreoffice.org
- volunteer http://www.libreoffice.org
- The Document Foundation Membership Committee Member
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[tdf-discuss] Re: Returning to OpenOffice||Ivan Stephen <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[tdf-discuss] Returning to OpenOffice||Ivan Stephen <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [tdf-discuss] Returning to OpenOffice
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Returning to OpenOffice
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] Returning to OpenOffice
- Next by thread: [tdf-discuss] Re: Returning to OpenOffice