[tdf-discuss] Re: RfD: Non-corporate user representation?

Hello.

I think we (users) sometimes fail to connect with developers' mindset.

Due to our lack of technical knowledge and often a lack of discipline, our feedback isn't enough interesting for them and we sometimes feel quite ignored. In the end, we the users try (emphasis here, we know what we want but how how we want it and commonly fail to explain it properly) to explain our needs and what we think it should be improved from a different POV.

I tried to explain my education-related issues and needs, such as inserting formulas in a Libreoffice Writer document (I find it needs to support boolean stuff like xor symbols and some other improvements). I know there's limited resources, but I think maybe corporate needs are becoming too heavy and other areas like education are underrated. What about a lot more non-profit organizations becoming part of BoD?

I also had some weird "bugs" (or unintended software behavior) when writing large texts, but I often forget to note them (and unable to explain a way to reproduce it) because I'm in a hurry and was lazy too.

Maybe different specific associations should be part of BoD and user feedback be taken more seriously in a less marketeer way but more scientific and social.

Regards.