Hello Nino,

Le 05.12.2014 11:37, Nino Novak a écrit :
Hi,

AFAICS, TDF does not have any formal "Joe Average" user lobby.

There are BoD, ESC, MC, AB - but the end user community only can send their opinions, needs and ideas to mailing lists or speak up informally in meetings.

Yes... why is that a problem? :-) the bodies you mentioned are bodies that are formed out of people or entities contributing something to the project.

What about the idea of creating e.g. a "User Interest Commitee" (or board), which has an advisory role - similar to the AB? Could this help to better
channelize / make visible the interests of "normal users"?

This is a valid concern; so far we have options for feedback that are summarized here: http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/feedback/ but maybe we could check if these carry out the right information in an acceptable time.

There are highly
competent people around in mailing lists and forums, who, at least to my believe, should be given a stronger voice than to just send a mail to a list.

Sure, they can contribute anything from bug reports to marketing materials, website bits, localizations, to code.

(I know, the big hurdle is "to do it", but nevertheless wanted to express
what I think/feel here as a starting point).*

What TDF has refrained from doing is precisely let the impression that if someone wants something, some developer will autmatically do it. We believe users can become contributors, and as such we try really hard to ensure anyone can join the project and its activities (but of course this can be improved!). However, "advices for free" is not something TDF and the project in general is interested in. Did you have a different process in mind? What would this user committee do specifically?

Best,

Charles.

Regards,
Nino