marcpare4 wrote
Le 01/03/14 08:25 PM, edo1 a écrit :
This question has been touched upon for previous versions of LO but I'd
like
to double check for ver. 4.2.0.4 I'm using. I'm planning to do a book
layout, using styles, collaboratively with a distant colleague. The
problem
is she knows little about styles, works in MS Word 2013, and usually
saves
files in.docx format. (I'm urging .doc on her.) I myself am unfamiliar
with
MS Word styles and don't know how compatible they are with LO styles. So,
will there be a problem of styles colliding, and what's the best way we
can
avoid that? Thanks, edo1

This seems like such a large undertaking to worry about such
compatibility. I wonder if it would not be better to suggest to her to
try to install LibreOffice and you could then just send her the start of
your book with styles included and see if she could manage with
LibreOffice? At least one of you would be familiar enough of styles to
make it work without having to struggle to make the styles works with
MSOffice.

You're quite right, the best solution would be to use the same program.
Still, I'm curious to know if the compatibility is good enough to allow us
to work in both LO and WORD. From your reply I gather that it's not.