Spending money, via donations, geared to one feature and not the whole package can be a VERY bad marketing issue.

I never liked it. If you donate money to one feature and it does not get added, or fixed, in "your time line" and not the developer's, it can be a mess.

We do not know what can be fixed easily, or if something that looks simple will be a real hard add or fix. The simple things tend to be not so simple.

We cannot even make a paper trail to show an agency [required by] that the donation towards a "feature" would even go to it. That would make a big legal mess.

Paying a third party to "fix" things has been used by spammers for a long time.