[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-discuss] Are we in the right way?
- Subject: [tdf-discuss] Are we in the right way?
- From: Carlo Strata <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 17:27:33 +0200
- To: "TDF, discuss" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I want only to open a positive (constructive) talk, discuss.
I think we all have to point to quality by the following means:
- all documents (Open Documents, PDFs or real print) yielded by LibreOffice have to be near perfection;
- priority bugs have to be valuated with the previous mean in mind;
- all LibreOffice generated documents all over the world are the sign and the face of our quality;
- if wrong documents are linked to LibreOffice in People's mind we are putting our time and efforts away through the window;
- only with document quality, we will be growing at enterprise side in trust, confidence and reliance too;
- here in Italy, PDF/A-1a file format, e.g., is the standard way (file format) to give back information to Public Administrations (e.g. Central Trade Offices, ...): if professionals or enterprise cannot do that with LibreOffice they don't adopt it. Full stop. And we couldn't work with them to grow in LibreOffice adoption and, of course, TDF doesn't grow all over the minds, in the streets, on many countries and in the related healthy and sound business;
- I'm seeing many regressions in these days that I thought have been definitively fixed, many regarding "document quality": I think it isn't enough to fix it again, but we ought to ask ourselves why these regressions occur, what are we mistaking, what could we improving in the whole process, in the workflows;
- are we sure, once more, that all regressions fixed are than forward-ported to 3.5.x branch or I can aspect to a "new" related regression when I'll try to use the future 3.5.x release?
- are someone interested in make quality always lower, someway boycotting LibreOffice and its diffusion, spread? Are regression somewhat, and also, linked to this? These are weak hypothesis, but I cannot fall silence about them anymore;
- I'm an Italian Computer Engineer and I'm part of the Venice Engineer Professional Association ("Ordine degli Ingengneri di Venezia") to whom I want to make adopting both OpenDocument file format and LibreOffice to deal with that file format, but at the moment (3.4.3) I still cannot. When will I be able to? At 3.4.4 time?
My 2 euros ;-)
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [tdf-discuss] Are we in the right way?||"Charles-H. Schulz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] Are we in the right way?||Rainer Bielefeld <LibreOffice@bielefeldundbuss.de>|
- Prev by Date: [tdf-discuss] Poor Quality 3D charts
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Are we in the right way?
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] Poor Quality 3D charts
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] Are we in the right way?