[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] Do not support writing to OOXML format
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] Do not support writing to OOXML format
- From: Italo Vignoli <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 14:53:35 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry for stepping in so late in the discussion.
I have seen many messages, but they all miss the key issue: interoperability.
TDF is FOR interoperability, which is a user (and a market) need.
TDF is not AGAINST Microsoft, although many of its founding members - including myself - have been strong opponents of OOXML during the standardization process.
We have worked inside committeees in order to improve OOXML, or - if you prefer - to make is a less flawed standard.
TDF is FOR ODF, and being FOR ODF in a "strong" way means that you do not support OOXML (but not to the point of creating problems to users wanting to save in a specific document format).
Of course, TDF is also a member of OpenDoc Society (announcement in early January) and is represented at the highest level inside OASIS. Inside these bodies, TDF will fight FOR making ODF a successful document standard over OOXML.
I would really like to handle the negative attitude to Oracle and the OOo community. If you share the idea of being AGAINST Microsoft, TDF and users, then we are happy if you choose the OOo community.
Happy 2011 to everyone. Ciao, Italo
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
Mobile +39.348.5653829 - VoIP: +39.02.320621813
Skype: italovignoli - GTalk: email@example.com
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|[tdf-discuss] Do not support writing to OOXML format||Larry Gusaas <email@example.com>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] Do not support writing to OOXML format||Gordon Burgess-Parker <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] Do not support writing to OOXML format||RGB ES <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Do not support writing to OOXML format
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Dictionary Syncing
- Previous by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] Do not support writing to OOXML format
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] Do not support writing to OOXML format