On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 14:33 +0200, Ercole Carpanetto wrote:
On 6 October 2010 12:32, Valter Mura <valtermura@gmail.com> wrote:
In data giovedì 30 settembre 2010 13:34:39, Joaquín Bruno Huete ha sc
ri
tto:

Hi,

I agree that it is better to have 1 big forum in English with sub-forums
in
other languages when required.

+1

+1

Hi

Sidestepping the question of one grand forum with NL sub-forums for a
moment.

I just want to remind folks that the community already has a number of
web forums at it's disposable. These are all independent volunteer,
"community", owned and run.

http://Oooforum.org - English only

http://user.services.openoffice.org - Chinese, Dutch, English, French,
Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Nerthlands, Polish, Spanish, and
Vietnamese

http://de.openoffice.info/ - German

http://ooo-portal.de/ - German

http://www.openofficeorg.no/Forumsider/ - Norwegien

brOffice.org runs it's own forum also.

(probably forgot someone)

I want stress again
- none of those belong to Oracle
- none are staffed by Oracle employees
- they are all run by community members.

One more point
- the forums serve the end users
- the end users did not have a say in what is going on here
- they will need to have support for OO.o and LibreOffice for a while

In two cases oooForum.org and user.servics.oo.o I can tell you that I
have personally exchanged messages with the administrators and many
(most) of the moderators at those forums.

Every person I spoke with already downloaded and installed LibreOffice.

They are already offering support to those users that come asking
questions.

These boards have been updated with links to the mailing lists here, via
the nabble pages - I know I did it.

The moderators have been supplied the URLs for the LibreOffice issue
tracking system, and know of course to also look at the other issue
tracking systems for a whole.

As for branding at the forums - no site has fully changed yet - and if
you listen to what the steering committee here is saying then they
probably shouldn't for the moment. Remember these aren't from scratch
they have existing infrastructure, there are literally tens of thousands
of links that exist to these sites all over the Internet.

I am totally in support of people wanting to help and there is plenty of
room for the owner of LibreOfficeForum.org to start another forum, but
there is no reason to act as if the community is starved for user
support sites.

The best thing, IMO, for the moment is to have the site here start
pointing to these different sites.

Just my thoughts.

Hopefully someone else can update us on the other language forums, but I
would very surprised if it isn't the same situation at those sites.

Thanks

Drew