On Domingo 03 Octubre 2010 17:43:58 Christoph Noack escribió:
Hi René,

thanks for your mail ... and at the same time: sorry for being a bit
late.

Hahaha, no problem.

You all are so active, that one get really get lost in all the
great messages :-)

Great :)

Am Donnerstag, den 30.09.2010, 23:17 +0200 schrieb René Mérou:
Hello,

I'm the mantainer of the free software concept map:
http://es.gnu.org/~reneme/fsmap/en/fsmap-en.svg
(Its didactical matherial for teachers to explain free software. It is
translated to 30 langues)

Oh, thanks for the introduction. I didn't knew that - great thing!

thanks :)

I made one libre icon for LibreOffice:
http://www.saberlibre.net/libreofficeicon.svg

I propose you to use this icon to refer to LibreOffice. Its LGPL
licenced. (you can read more in the svg metadata)

Thanks a lot. At the moment, we use another icon (you based your work
on) that is meant to be a placeholder until the trademark questions are
resolved and until we get a bit more feedback by the broader LibO
community concerning the branding.

So I propose to stick with the current one (for more or less official
things like the software or the websites) to keep things consistent. I
hope that this consistency helps us to retain/gain the trust by users
who are new to LibO.

I want to change the map. I want to change the reference to openoffice
o ne reference to the LibreOffice.

Great :-)

It will be like this catalan version im working on:
http://es.gnu.org/~reneme/fsmap/ca/fsmap-ca-2.svg

By the way, we currently use "LibreOffice" instead of "LibreOffice.org".

I did that some days ago :)

this is the actual map in catalan:
http://es.gnu.org/~reneme/fsmap/ca/fsmap-ca.svg

The icon i propose means you can draw and write with openoffice and it mean
Libre too:
http://www.saberlibre.net/libreofficeicon.svg

I propose to change the 2 birds for that L for libre. :)

And the pen can expres to prepare one document and to draw.

Do i have your permision to use that icon to refer libreOffice? At least
un til we have one more official version or until you accept my little
contributio n.  (I'll be very happy to know something i contributed is
used in the program i use to teach offimatics)

From my point-of-view, yes, please go on. It's your map and you are the

one who knows best what teachers need to understand the FLOSS world
(because I noticed that the Ubuntu logo is a bit different as well).

Yes. The problem is that ubuntu allows to use the icon but not as 100% free

icon. Same problem for the firefox icon.  So i used other version i found i
the web 100% free.

As a teacher i want my pupils to understand what freedom means and i think

that using only free icons makes it a good idea. It's not just knowledge.

You
may also use the "more serious" one, if you think it's more appropriate.

From my point-of-view, people might understand your icon to focus on the

Draw module.

Thanks a lot for your great work to make FLOSS widely known :-)

Cheers,
Christoph

So, its ok now?

http://es.gnu.org/~reneme/fsmap/ca/fsmap-ca.svg
can i use this more unofficial icon?

I see as more colored, emotive and expresive this one:
http://www.saberlibre.net/libreofficeicon.svg

It's better for teaching and its less "rude". Thats why i proposed to use t
his
one until a decision is made for the LibreOffice communication designs.
Something more related to "corporative image" or a general "ngo image".

I just had one new idea for the general:
http://www.saberlibre.net/libreofficeicon2.svg
and for the particular of draw:
http://www.saberlibre.net/libreofficeicon3.svg

What do u think about it? :)