On Fri, 2010-10-01, Nancy Ward wrote:

How I think I may be of help: I am a very good proofreader and beta
tester. I can take a set of instructions and try them out. If I can
muddle through, then the instructions are most likely well written. I
can spot grammatical and spelling errors with ease, and cannot rest
until they're fixed. If I suggest a change, and the author disagrees, I
can live with that too.

So, if anyone writing English documentation thinks I can add value to
their work, I will be happy to volunteer my efforts.

The OOoAuthors group has a set of user guides which are being updated to
OOo V3.3. These chapters could be adapted to LibreOffice to provide
basic info to users fairly quickly. In the short term (if not the long
term) I think OOoAuthors is best placed to produce info for both
flavors: OOo and LO.

I began this work last night to see how time-consuming it would be. The
main thing that is needed now is checking the OOo docs against LO to see
what is different. I am sure that a lot of screenshots will need to be
changed, as well as some of the text. This is something you could help
do: at least identify what needs to be done, and even better make the
necessary changes.

I will be putting what I have done on the OOoAuthors website today and
starting a discussion on their mailing list. If you are not already on
the OOoAuthors list, please join us there.
http://oooauthors.org/english

To subscribe to the authors list, send a blank email to
authors-subscribe@documentation.openoffice.org

Regards, Jean
--
Jean Hollis Weber
Co-Lead, OpenOffice.org Documentation Project