I just did a complete cleaning and re-installation of LibreOffice on my 64
bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I now have LibreOffice Version 4.0.3.3 (Build ID:
0eaa50a932c8f2199a615e1eb30f7ac74279539) installed.

I was attempting to explore the grammar checking feature - using either F7
or "Tools | Spelling and Grammar ..." but have been unable to get it to do
anything. My sample was a new blank document in which I typed "the boyz is
good." The auto-correction capitalized the initial "T", and the spell
checker flagged "boyz," but there was no indication at all about a problem
with "boys is," even after re-running F7 once the spelling of "boys" had
been corrected.

Under Tools | Language Settings | Writing Aids - Available Language Modules,
"LightProof Language Checker" is checked.

Under Tools | Language Settings | Writing Aids - Options, "Check grammar as
you type" is checked.

In the Tools | Language Tool | Configuration dialog, I took one of the
checked examples of what the tool checks and used it in the document, as
follows:

I typed in "Is this a know problem?" According to the rule, this should be
corrected or flagged to be "Is this a known problem?"

Instead, it suggested the following: "Is these a know problem?"  This, of
course, would add an additional error to the sentence.

I suppose I could just assume that it knows I'm perfect, and just wants to
help me appear more human, but I suspect it's more likely that I'm either
missing something somewhere.

Can anyone spot what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.