I have to say I'm surprised it did show version 3.4, as I can not really
imagine that was the most recent version when this system was installed
fully from scratch, where I'm convinced I just downloaded the most recent
version for every program installed.

Only this week the system did come up with the notification of a new
version, which I did have the system install.
After that I did notice the changed tool bar.
The info showing Build 402, where I indeed did see the notification the new
version was 4 something, I did think as out of expectance, but then did put
me off guard.
So, no idea what happened with the upgrade.
I'll just manually download the most recent version and make sure I install
that one.

I had not moved anything in the tool bar, as until I did run the 'upgrade'
the whole look was perfectly OK.

Tnx, Angela