Thank you very much, Eduardo and Christian. I guess I misread that post I linked to, because it
left me with the impression that creating those properties couldn't be done in regular VB.

Now if only I can find a way to convert my tab-separated .txt file to a comma-separated .csv file,
I think all would be golden.

I tried using VB to open the text file, read from it, convert each line, and write to an output
file. Unfortunately, on Windows, the output is garbage. From what I can tell, it looks like
LibreOffice's LINE INPUT command reads in garbage from the source file, probably because of an
error in Unicode conversion.

Could LibreOffice VBA call an extension written in Python? Converting TSV to CSV should be trivial,
and I'm betting a Python extension would do it flawlessly.

--

Charles