Hi all....just a short note to say that I did something I usually never do....

I went "bold" and installed LibreOffice 4.0.0 NOT waiting for the first "point" release. So far so good...this is a good release....not aware of any bugs affecting the work that I do yet. Recommended it to another person who was using the 3.6
series and he also was "bold" and installed it...working fine.

One thing that has already been noticed on the "street" is the MUCH faster start-up
time for the cleaned up code...

I just want to congratulate the entire LibreOffice development team for starting this new and exciting "4" version....with all of the new features and speed, it just
re-energized me in the promotion of this amazing project.

For my part, I'll continue beta testing in Windows and Linux and submitting bug
reports when I find them....

But this 4.0 seems to me to be the best initial release yet....

Thanks to everyone!

Bob Boehm

--

Operating System:  openSUSE Linux 12.2 64 bit
Linux Kernel: 3.4.11-2.16 compiled Sept. 26th, 2012