[tdf-discuss] LO4 and CMIS integration
Thanks for the link Dennis, great start.
I digged further into it and found that CMIS v1.1 was recently released (0).
I also found that there was a presentation about LO/CMIS during LibOCon2012
And there's a good explanation with screenshots for integration with
So far, what has been do is (4):
* Universal Content Provider for CMIS is almost complete
* The internal file picker can allow pickup up CMIS files and folders.
Another good summary is here (5):
What works now:
- Connection to a CMIS server using the internal file picker
- Navigating in the CMIS server using the file picker like on a local
- Open, Save and Save As files on a CMIS server
Even if this work has already nicely progressed it is still not ready for
end users and is thus enabled only with experimental features in
LibreOffice 3.6. Among the main problems:
- Getting the repository id to paste in the CMIS new place dialog is
not obvious. This is already fixed in the master branch and will be
available for 3.7
- Check-in, Check-out and Cancel Check-out still need to be integrated
somehow in the UI in order to handle all cases. For example, saving on a
non-checked out document in SharePoint is not permitted.
- Add WebService binding support as this would ease the SharePoint
connection configuration to the user
- Get NTLM authentication to work with the curl and libcmis built with
LibreOffice. This is already partly fixed in master branch.
and an older summary from 2011 (6)
Also found something on Gitorious (7)
One more reference for discussion, from the June 2012 mailing list archive
On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <email@example.com>wrote:
Is it CMIS that is being asked about?
There is more information here:
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- [tdf-discuss] LO4 and CMIS integration · Immanuel Giulea
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy