Þann þri  5.jún 2012 08:24, skrifaði rei:

Sveinn í Felli wrote

Þann þri  5.jún 2012 02:13, skrifaði rei:
I have documents that have been edited with several word processors
(Abiword,
MS. Word, etc.). When I edited, saved, and reopened them using
LibreOffice,
all text in those documents are always truncated, like this one:
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3988204/Edited.doc Edited.doc

If documents' styles and formatting are set to 'Default', the text look
good. However, is there a way to so that I don't need to do this every
time
I open documents? There are a lot of documents like this in my PC and
it's
very cumbersome to  set their styles manually.

LibreOffice Version: 3.5.3.2
Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04 (64 bit).

Your Default style has a "Fixed" linespacing of 0.18cm,
switching that to "Simple" linespacing (or whatewer a bit
bigger) solves your problem.

Sveinn í Felli

Where does this line spacing come from? Here I attach the original document.
The first time I opened it, it looked normal. However, if it is edited,
saved, and reopened using LO, the text will be truncated.

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3988239/Original.doc Original.doc

I had to set the style / spacing manually so that it became normal again.

Can't reproduce this by saving, neither in LibreOffice
3.5.1.2 nor 3.4.5. But when I take your Original.doc and
choose "Save as", LO offers to save it as RTF. And my
Konqueror sees it as an RTF despite the .doc extension. Does
the file originate in MS-Write or TextPad or similar?

Sveinn