2012/1/21 Tony Pursell <ajp@princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk>

Terry

On 21 January 2012 17:15, Terry Warby <twcw.chenhall@gmail.com> wrote:

On 21/01/12 16:51, Pedro wrote:

Terry Warby wrote

What icon set are you using? I have 3.5RC1 installed under both Xubuntu
11.10 and Win7 and have the floppy icon for save in both (using the
crystal and galaxy icons).

 I was using the Automatic (Tango) icon set. I guess from now on I will
have
to manually switch to another icon set.

I am aware that I can switch icon sets. Actually I had already switched
before posting here.

The point is: did everybody agree that the Floppy icon was a bad idea so
that it is no longer the default for any new user?

 I didn't follow the thread that closely earlier on, but I seem to
remember that somebody said that some of the available icon sets did not
use the floppy icon for save. Is that correct or is my memory in error?

Terry W

It was me that said that Ubuntu uses an icon set, by default, that does
not use a floppy disk.  I have been using LO in Ubuntu for over a year and
hadn't noticed that change until this discussion started.

As far as I know, there has been no decision, just a lot of discussion.
Most of the participants in the discussion seem to want the floppy icon
kept.  Personally, from my experience, it doesn't seem to matter.

I didn't follow the discussion closely, but I can tell you two things:
- the discussion on this list (the discuss list) did not lead to any
decision; however the discussion on the design list might have done that as
it is the right mailing list for design and UX contributors, so that's the
normal way to go
- if the icon was changed (I don't think it has, my 3.5 beta still has the
floppy icon on the mac) then it means someone provided a replacement icon.
Again I don't remember it was the case, but changes do not occur though
discussion, they do occur through effective contribution :-)

Best,

Charles.