Dear All,

I would like to announce my candidacy for a Board of Directors seat at
The Document Foundation.

Who am I?

I am Kalman Kemenczy, 39 year old product manager, proud father of 2 kids.
I live in Budapest, Hungary. I spent 13 years at Novell in several
positions (eg. consultant, service delivery manager, open source
strategist). During that period I have been worked on several Linux
Desktop / OOo / LibreOffice implementation projects especially in the
government sector.
Since 2004 I have been working as a translator (web, software, book)
in several open source projects such as Mozilla and openSUSE. I am one
of the founder of the Hungarian translator community (openscope.org)
and Open Standard Alliance Hungary (nyissz).
Currently I work at a Hungarian startup as product manager where I
manage two agile, extremely rapid development teams and create product
strategy according the market needs.

What have I done for TDF?

I was a big fan of the Go-OO project from the very beginning, so there
was no question to support TDF on all levels. First of all I proudly
managed the secret TDF dinner in Budapest during the OOo conference :)
Later I organized a university program for Hungarian students to help
them join easily to open source development communities, few of them
landed in LibreOffice project. As an open source evangelist I gave
presentation a lot on (mostly Hungarian) conferences. (Last time about
LibreOffice at Software Freedom Day 2011, Szeged, Hungary:
http://prezi.com/ycbqlykxq91a/ )

Why do I candidate for a seat in BoD?

I have experience to build and manage open source user/developer
community, agile product/project management and technology visioner.
As BoD member I would like to keep the focus on the market/users needs
and also help on product strategy and direction. I strongly believe in
LibreOffice as a product and community.

Should you have question, please let me know.

best,
kalman