Hi there,

        I'd like to formally offer myself as a candidate for the Board
of The Document Foundation. While, as a developer I have no great
love for meetings and politics, my hope is that I'd have some useful
perspectives to offer, with time to invest into working on issues
which would enrich the board.

        Who am I ? briefly: a Christian, Hacker & Husband. I bring
lots of experience from many years at SUSE, helping to grow, lead and
hack with some of the best Free Software developers in the world. That
would allow me to bring a reasonably diverse set of skills and passions
into the board on your behalf:

        + a pragmatic love of Free Software
        + IANAL; a deep legal and licensing understanding of the
          basis of successful Free Software communities
        + developer community building / mentoring / nurturing
        + marketing and PR experience with relationships to journalists
        + deep code understanding & hacking experience
        + good relationships with many key hackers and companies
          in our space

        I've also been privileged to have lived through many
spectacular failures inside communities outside OpenOffice, such as
GNOME, or MeeGo, and hopefully gained some useful insights into
avoiding their repetition.

        I am focused, on making LibreOffice the very best, most fun
and featureful project that it can possibly be. I want us to attract
and inspire the largest number of contributors to drive Free Software
forward. Though I plan to carry on with that regardless of being a
board member, if you think I'd be valuable there then please vote for
me. I'd love to serve the membership in that way.

        Thank you,

                Michael.