I have realized that the link to my very personal story was wrong.

PLEASE BE WARNED, THIS IS NOT A TOTALLY SERIOUS PROFILE

Who am I?

At 57, I am the grandfather of The Document Foundation, but I can
anticipate that you will find me jumping around for a long time as I
plan to work full time on advocating FOSS when I will retire in eight
years (good marketing planning looks at the long term...).

During my working life, I have done quite a few things, that you can
find summarized in my Linkedin profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/italovignoli.

If you want to know how I ended up in marketing of technology products
with a background in humanities, you can read my very personal story,
which I wrote for the tenth anniversary of ComputerWorld Italy:
http://www.italovignoli.com/?p=557.

The story is in Italian, but I can anticipate that it is written in a
style which makes Google Translate shine, apart from some hiccups.

Of course, this is the absolute truth. It all happened in June 1982.

What I have done for TDF?

Don't look at statistics, as you won't find my name anywhere. I've just
tried to do what I know best: provide some marketing advice, and try to
make TDF and LibreOffice as popular as possible by engaging the media.

I have also gone a few miles around to represent TDF at conferences in
Chicago, Zagreb and Athens, and I will also be speaking at LinuxCon
Europe in Prague in October.

What motivates me to work for TDF?

I have a professional challenge: with a marketing budget of zero (in
letters it looks bigger), outsmart corporations with a marketing budget
with six or more zeros (and with a number in front which makes it more
significant).

I have managed to achieve this objective at OOo in Italy, and I would
like to achieve the same objective at TDF.

What will I be doing, should I get elected?

I promise that I will never write a single line of code, and this is
quite important for software stability. In addition, I will cook pasta
at hackfests and on spare time I will handle some marketing and media
relations.

I am also going to have an awful lot of fun, as any serious grandfather
deserves when he is close to retiring.

END OF PARTIALLY SERIOUS PROFILE

I promise I will be more serious when answering additional enquiries.

Ciao, Italo