I ALREADY HAVE A NEWER VERSION INSTALLED!!!

LibreOffice IGNORES my NEWER VC++ and STILL installs the OLDER version
included. It's a waste of time and resources.

I understand that it is the version you are supposed to distribute. BUT it
still needs a CHECK because there are NEWER security fixes.

If you prefer to ignore this, it's fine with me.

I understand it can be annoying.
But without those libraries properly installed, LibreOffice will not work.

Some modifications on the Windows files or registry (or a corrupted
status) is something that we can't properly detect. And in those
cases, LibreOffice will not execute.

We launch the installer all the time to try make sure LibreOffice will
work under any circumstance. Think of that as an "insurance" (yes,
it's annoying, but it has a good purpose).

We can detect if there a new version installed, and then do nothing,
but the trade-off will be to make LibreOffice less reliable.

--
Jesús Corrius <jesus@softcatala.org>
Document Foundation founding member