On 07/16/2011 06:53 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
I have just installed Mageia Linux on a couple of boxes and due to the
fact that some of the websites the owners of these boxes wish to access
work best with "sun java", I removed "java openjdk". This then led to a
warning that the "Oracle report builder" would be removed.

I then uninstalled "java openjdk" and then tried to reinstall "Oracle
report builder" without "java openjdk" which was impossible to do.

I was wondering "Oracle report builder" entirely dependent of "java
openjdk"? It doesn't look like it will work with "sun java".
For my distro's version of report builder (Ubuntu) I show:
$ apt-cache depends openoffice.org-report-builder
openoffice.org-report-builder
  Depends: libbase-java-openoffice.org
  Depends: libsac-java
  Depends: libxml-java-openoffice.org
  Depends: libflute-java-openoffice.org
  Depends: libpentaho-reporting-flow-engine-java-openoffice.org
  Depends: liblayout-java-openoffice.org
  Depends: libloader-java-openoffice.org
  Depends: libformula-java-openoffice.org
  Depends: librepository-java-openoffice.org
  Depends: libfonts-java-openoffice.org
  Depends: libserializer-java-openoffice.org
  Depends: libcommons-logging-java
  Depends: openoffice.org-report-builder-bin
  Depends: openoffice.org-core
  Depends: openoffice.org-java-common
  PreDepends: openoffice.org-common
 |PreDepends: default-jre
 |PreDepends: gcj-jre
 |PreDepends: <java-gcj-compat>
    gcj-jre
 |PreDepends: openjdk-6-jre
 |PreDepends: <sun-java5-jre>
 |PreDepends: sun-java6-jre
 |PreDepends: <java5-runtime>
    default-jre
    gcj-4.4-jre
    gcj-4.5-jre
    gcj-jre
    openjdk-6-jre
    sun-java6-jre
  PreDepends: <jre>
  Conflicts: openoffice.org-java-common
  Conflicts: <openoffice.org-reportdesigner>
  Conflicts: ure
  Replaces: <openoffice.org-reportdesigner>
    openoffice.org-report-builder
  Enhances: openoffice.org-base

Comments on:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/reportdesign
aren't exactly stellar...

That said, LO 3.4.1 shows that Report Builder 1.2.1 is installed (and
working):
/opt/libreoffice3.4/share/extensions/report-builder
and the readme_en-US.txt file shows:
<quote>
System Requirements

* A recent version of Oracle Open Office or OpenOffice.org
* A recent version of the Java(TM) Runtime Environment
</quote>

And these are the only 'java' that I have installed:
$ sudo update-alternatives --config java
There are 2 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).

  Selection    Path                                  Priority   Status