Simos,

The repair in Mailmerge.py is quite simple

at line 154  we have  textbody = textbody.encode('utf-8')

where the textbody contains non-ascii characters like (éèà etc...)

so just insert

textbody = unicode( textbody, "utf-8" )

before line 154 and everyting works fine !

i make also the bug report with the correct

mailmerge.py

  attacheted

Thanks

Fernand