Le Sun, 26 Jun 2011 00:30:07 -0700 (PDT),
plino <pedlino@gmail.com> a écrit :

Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

So are you saying your word documents embed fonts on a daily basis?
I've never seen any similar documents. You get the impression of
that -maybe- because on a windows to windows environment everybody
uses fonts that are already available on the system. Of course, ODF
(and others) do keep the reference of the font name and if I have
the same font on my system it will try to reuse the same font. But
just for reference: except for specific cases: office document
formats including MSOffice DON'T include fonts. PDF does (there are
less used formats) and that's what it's know for.

YES. I embed the fonts in ALL Powerpoint documents. I could do the
same in Word documents if I wished.

In MS Office you just have to tick one option box "Embed TrueType
fonts"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290952

It's not a reference. It's the font embedded. And it doesn't depend
"on specific cases". It's a USER decision.

I think is really absurd that a TDF SC member makes such
affirmations. You have the responsibility to verify the facts before
stating the same statement vehemently twice.

<sigh> We do all have lots of responsibility, all of us. I can assure
you that people usually, most of the time DON'T include fonts in their
MSO documents. But then, who am I to argue? You seem to be a MSO power
user. Go and contribute to the ODF TC at the OASIS. I mean, really do
contribute; everyone's welcome to join. </sigh>

Best,
Charles.