Il 23/06/2011 16:29, Cor Nouws ha scritto:
Hi Fernand,

Fernand Vanrie wrote (23-06-11 16:08)
I hope Michael and other TDF-members are reading this.

As we love to have a Email body when sending emails with the API, our
company is willing to fund this kind of repair work.

Repair or enhancement...
(Side note on the subject: I can imagine that somehow the Python
component could be useful.)

The interested makes a Enhancement request
The TDF put a price on it
The interested pays TDF in advance
After TDF and interested is satisfied TDF pays the Developer or keeps
the money for other projects
Simple ?

Sounds reasonable.
However ... TDF does not employ developers.
Developers are employees of sponsoring companies, or students, or
(other) volunteers, or self employed...

So either your company makes a deal with one of the supporting companies
for the work, or find another developer to do the work.

Of course it makes most sense if the developer that picks up the task
has experience with LibreOffice/OpenOffice.

I have hardly any experience in other open source projects, but I can
imagine that setting up a page with bounty-projects, is a reasonable
approach to broadcast both your and other wishes/possibilities.

What do you think?

Regards,

I think it could be a good idea, TDF could have the role to gather the propose of enhancement and to inform the developers tha there is this possibility. hazarding a guess if an hypotethic Mr Steve Jobs of an hypotetic company named apple would like a feature such as when you click on print a blue screen appears, and offer 254$, TDF could inform the developers, and an hypothetic developer such as Mr Bill Gates of an hypothetic company microsoft could answer ok, and develope a such interesting feature, if it isn't already patented :-)

 MESSAGGIO ISTITUZIONALE
Investi nel futuro. Investi nelle nostre ricerche.
Destina il 5 x 1000 all'ENEA
Cerchiamo:
- nuove fonti e nuovi modi per produrre energia pulita e sicura.
- modi migliori per utilizzare e risparmiare energia.
- metodologie e tecnologie per innovare e rendere piu' competitivo il sistema produttivo nazionale.
- metodologie e tecnologie per la salvaguardia e il recupero dell'ambiente e per la tutela della
nostra salute e del patrimonio artistico del Paese.
Il nostro codice fiscale e': 01320740580