Hi, everyone! I'm new here. I have a feedback to offer, and I was told
this is the place to do it.

In my day job as an engineer, I currently use Microsoft Word to write
technical documentation which includes screenshot images. I'd like to
break the Word habit.

I understand that when creating publications like newsletters, some
people may need to place graphics in a particular spot on the page and
have text flow around it. However, I think most business and casual
users -- and certainly someone like myself who produces technical
documentation -- need to have the graphics flow along with the text.

In other words, we need the graphics to be anchored as a character. I
know LibreOffice can do this, but it is not the default behavior, and to
fix it after inserting a picture involves a lot of work: The initial
paste is almost guaranteed to put the anchor in the wrong place, and
even after moving it, you typically have to go into the Picture dialog
box to fix Position attributes.

Microsoft Word and the Macintosh word processors I'm familiar with
insert pictures anchored as a character by default. Though many other
things are disastrously wrong with Microsoft Word, I have to admit that
they do picture insertion just right. With LibreOffice, adding a
screenshot is quite a frustrating battle for me.

If "Insert Pictures Anchored as Characters" were only an option turned
ON by default, LibreOffice would be much more usable for me, and I
suspect many others, at work.
PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: The information contained in this electronic transmission,
and any documents attached hereto, may contain confidential information that is legally privileged
and confidential. The information is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If
you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and delete the
electronic message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance
on the contents of the information received in error is strictly prohibited.