Am Donnerstag, den 02.06.2011, 03:14 -0700 schrieb plino:
Another interesting article (especially the comments on the post and the
answers by Rob Weir)

http://www.robweir.com/blog/2011/06/apache-openoffice.html

The most interesting part is probably this (comment 19):

"The fact that there are no public reports of our private meeting and
private email conversations with TDF Steering Committee members means
absolutely nothing. You might ask your favorite TDF SC member who they
were talking to on April 28th at 9am EDT. Perhaps that will help refresh
their memory. And if you think that the general membership of TDF was
not made aware of this opportunity, then who is to blame: me, or your
own unelected, self-appointed Steering Committee ? If you think that you
should have been informed of this opportunity, and wish that your SC had
been more open to cooperating in this move, then I think you should
complain to them."

I do not think there should be more or any cooperation there.

But if there have been these talks and decisions not only without
informing the community or interested public but even without
participating the already approved document foundation members[1] I
would be pretty upset. Although it is obvious that making that public
would have lead to complicated discussions on the mailing lists and
probably some not so happy Oracle/IBM people, following these corporate
- behind closed door and intransparent - decision making is not
something a community should strive for, even if the alternatives are
harder.

Regards,
Michael

[1] I am not, so I am not sure if they were informed.