Hi Sophie,

sophie wrote:
the system could be a bug tracker with a less technical UI than BZ, but
I think a wiki with a good template could be enough. Why do you say
"dispersive"?

Because you have to navigate *a lot* through the currently on line wiki before finding the info a contributor may need in order to contribute. Too many clicks, IMO.

A easier wiki template may do the trick, but it should be bare to the bone, because it's just a matter of going directly to the point: contributing according to one's skills and available time.

If I have, let's say, 1 free hour to contribute, I should be able to find fast whatever task I can complete in such an hour. If I have 1 free day, I should be able to find fast whatever task has a 1 day estimated time for its completion.

However, it's absolutely important that no potential contributor's time is wasted in *finding how to contribute". You know, time is money. ;-)

This statement is true both for the core contributor and the casual or potential one.

If the project would have such a central system for the management of the contributions, I think there would be a more efficient work flow too, because *everybody* would know who is in charge for a task, what progress has been made and what is still missing.

It may be useful to track contribution too, for future TDF applications and reviews of such applications. Everything would be (sufficiently) public.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: