2011/4/18 Fabián Rodríguez <magicfab@member.fsf.org>:
On 04/17/2011 10:21 AM, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
Hi All,

The new hotness for a support website would be to have a StackExchange
website for LibreOffice.
For example,
   * http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/  -  aiming at developers,
advanced users
   * http://askubuntu.com/ - aiming at users, also advanced users

Here is a list of all StackExchange support websites, all 48 of them,
http://stackexchange.com/sites

What is StackExchange? Read at
http://stackexchange.com/about

In a nutshell, these are type of support websites that highlight the
questions, and provide many opportunities
to get these questions answered, with quality answers. The users
accumulate points for their participation,
which they then can use up to bring attention to their own questions
that they may have.
In addition, as users accumulate points, they get more
responsibilities in self-moderating the website.

The most well-known of those websites is StackOverflow,
http://stackoverflow.com/
with about a million members, and more than a million questions answered.

I am not affiliated with StackExchange, just posting this to see
whether there is interest.

Simos

I posted about doing this on shapado.com a few months ago, take a look:
http://libreoffice.shapado.com/

The mailing list archives will also tell you more.

I think it would be unfortunate to use a non-free SaaS to do this,
specially when Shapado can do more.

I haven't been able to put much more time on this lately, but surely
making it an official resource would help it gain traction.

Thanks for the link. I had no idea about shapado.com
(or http://gitorious.org/shapado )

There has been a similar discussion for AskUbuntu and UbuntuAsk,
http://meta.askubuntu.com/questions/302/why-should-i-use-this-site-instead-of-ubuntu-ask-shapado
with insightful comments.

To be able to get Libreoffice.Shapado (or one at StackExchange) become popular,
you need to make a group that will devote time to answer questions for
the first few weeks.
And at the same time promote as much as possible. The positive issue
with StackExchange is that you get the spillover from the other
StackExchange websites.
In any case, it's a hard task to motivate people to spend their time.

Thanks,
Simos