Hi all,

Students in Rijeka organized LibreOffice 3.3 Release Party.
This is *big thing* because almost everything "important" is happening
in Croatia Capital  Zagreb.

Author of further text is Vedran Miletic (rivanvx@gmail.com)

With regards,
Robert Sedak

On 17.3.2011 20:11, Vedran Miletić wrote:

LibreOffice 3.3. release party in Rijeka (Croatia)

Event was originally planned for January when we expected release of
LibO 3.3. Since LibO was released on 25.1, we decided to postpone
because of the last tests and then the final exams around that time.
The next plan was to March (during February most students from other
towns are home).

On 14.3. we held LibreOffice 3.3 release party in Rijeka. University
of Rijeka Department of Informatics provided us with the room. Irena
Hartmann, first year student of informatics, decorated the room with
green and white paper chains.

The event itself went great. We started with a lecture given by
Domagoj Margan, second year student of informatics. The lecture was
focused on the history of StarOffice->Sun
StarOffice->OpenOffice.org->BrOffice.org->LibreOffice, LibreOffice in
general and new features in 3.3, and a bit of the story about Oracle's
relationship with opensource community in general. There were
approximately 30 people, mostly first and second year students of
informatics.

At the event we had drinks and cakes (in LibreOffice palette [1]; we
especially mention LibreOffice cake [2]) and airplanes made of paper
with the logo of LibO. People had a great time talking and having fun.

In the future, we hope that the release date of LibO 3.5 will be known
in advance, so that we can prepare something like this a few days
after the release of new version. We will probably extend it with some
kind of workshop focused on features which might be of interest to
users of Office tools and send invitations to all Rijeka companies
that might be interested to come.

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Color_Table
[2] http://www.inf.uniri.hr/~vmiletic/libreoffice/DSC01339.JPG
<http://www.inf.uniri.hr/%7Evmiletic/libreoffice/DSC01339.JPG>