On 2/18/11 3:12 PM, John wrote:
If anybody cares (and it seems not), I have found out that my problem
with loading the 64bit deb file from the LibreOffice home page ONLY
happens when I'm using the lastest stable version of Chrome.

So I solved my problem by downloading with Firefox.

After deleting all my OpenOffice install, I was really getting
depressed about having to give up on LibreOffice, so now I feel better
about that.  However, after getting zero replies at tdf-discuss, I
wonder if I might still end up back with OpenOffice if I ever need
support.

Anyway, looks like I have to report the bug at Chrome.

John

John this isn't the support list this is a discussion list. if you find bugs feel free to ask for help on the developers mailing list, as well as report the bugs to the bug tracker.