On 01/19/2011 12:15 PM, Christophe Strobbe wrote:

At 11:48 19/01/2011, Jaime R. Garza wrote:
Hello,

I believe the best feature for the enterprise will be to port LibreOffice to HTML5, this could be also installed locally in the clients, needing just a
browser to run.

If LibreOffice doesn't go in direction WebBased, it will be soon irrelevant
in the enterprise (...)

"The enterprise" is not the only (potential) user of LibreOffice.
There is a significant part of the world that does not want to or cannot depend on network connections for every type of work, e.g. because not everyone is on the Internet [1] or because they have their own reasons for not using "software as a service".

[1] <http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats1.htm>, <http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats3.htm>

Best regards,

Christophe Strobbe

Cheers!

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:23, Olivier Hallot <
olivier.hallot@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Hi
> I have collected some features enteprises will love to have implemented in
> LibreOffice and listed them in
>

> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Crazy_Ideas#Features_Enterprises_Will_Love_To_Have_Implemented
>
> Some are quite easy to implement, other may require a longer time for
> development, but all are based on real demand from people that use
> LibreOffice in a enterprise production environment. That is, they are not
> crazy ideas at all. :-)
>
> Regards
> --
> Olivier Hallot
> Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation

I would have to side with Jaime. i don't think we should rule out all together having a web based version. I have used Google doc's a number of times, and in all honesty for my business i would really consider using a web based version when out of the office as it functions like a centralized storage until i get back to the office.