On 11-01-12 01:36 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2011-01-12 10:33, Fabián Rodríguez a écrit :
Hi,

I am sending email invitations to my close network of friends and
colleagues, and to projects I participate in, inviting them to join
LibreOffice. I thought I'd share this. I'd like to ask where would be
the best place in the wiki to put such examples and their translations ?
I know within the Marketing project this makes sense but I also thought
we'd need to expose this more.

Of course adapt&  customize them depending on your audience, if you end
up using any of them!

These are just 3 examples:

For end-users:
[Trisquel-users] An invitation to ask your questions about LibreOffice
on "Ask LibreOffice"
http://listas.trisquel.info/pipermail/trisquel-users/2011-January/002372.html

For developers:
[Trisquel-devel] An invitation to become a LibreOffice contributor
http://listas.trisquel.info/pipermail/trisquel-devel/2011-January/000345.html

For end-users, in French:
[Trisquel-utilisateurs] Invitation à connaître LibreOffice
http://listas.trisquel.info/pipermail/trisquel-utilisateurs/2011-January/000050.html

Any comments/suggestions welcome.

Fabian

--
LibreOffice questions ? Des questions sur LibreOffice ? Preguntas acerca
de LibreOffice ? Ask LibreOffice: http://libreoffice.shapado.com/

Thanks Fabian for your offer to share these.

I myself am not in favour of posting these on our wiki pages as,
although they do mention LibreOffice they also mention other projects
that have no relationship with LibreOffice. I am in favour of
providing some text that could be used in formulating invitations to
join our membership, but as far as the personal aspect of inviting
people that one knows, this should really be left to the individual
sender to create.

Hi Marc, thanks for your comments. I suggested wiki pages as that's
where new(er) advocates for LibO may end up and if I can save them 10
minutes of writing / translating, I'd love to do that. Not everyone will
dig such stuff from the mailing lists.

I am not sure I follow re: unrelated projects ? I mentioned
libreoffice.shapado.com which is *dedicated* to helping LibO users. And
I mentioned AskDebian which is another Q&A site about one of the primary
target OSs for LibreOffice.

This would be different, of course, if we were on a marketing
campaign. In this case I would be interested in seeing different
mock-ups of possible text. But this would be done in conjunction with
a marketing team tasked with such a particular project, with Italo's
supervision.

Perhaps we could work on some material that our membership could find
useful should they decide to send out personal invitations if you
think this would be helpful. However, I think that our website should
have enough information available to put together enough of a
convincing argument to join our membership.
I don't send emails I don't feel are useful :) But point taken... As I
said in my post it's up for grans and if it's useful for someone, good.
The whole point is to expose more the project.

In fact, I am of the opinion that once a person lands on any
particular site, if they cannot see/find any usefulness for their own
interest/purposes, then it is not for them. This, in my opinion, is
what our site should attempt to accomplish: a convincing argument on
landing at our site, within little delay, and with clear objectives of
the LibreOffice suite -- downloading should also be easily done. I
also hold the same opinion on software.

Cheers

Marc

Agreed 100%, however people need to come to such site in the first
place. In Trisquel's case, no doubt devs know about it, but may not know
about the Q&A site. In their users forums, I am also letting them know
about the project itself. It's also a way to bridge both communities.

On the subject of downloading, I am not so sure the "easily, with little
delay" will be the same for all - not without a good connection, which
is not guaranteed anywhere. I'll start another thread on the marketing
list only later this week.

A+

Fabian