Hi Johannes, hi Christophe!

Am Donnerstag, den 06.01.2011, 17:48 +0100 schrieb Christophe Strobbe:
At 10:45 3/01/2011, Johannes A. Bodwing wrote:
it's about a table in writer and the icons to insert columns and rows.
The colour now is yellow. I find it not a good choice because it's a
pale kind of yellow and not good to see.
What about a more saturated yellow or a kind of blue or purple or orange?

I'd propose to chose what had been in OOo - although it is not "100%
color safe" green and blue are industrial (and defined) standards that
already convey positive/negative actions.

To anyone else who wants to check colour contrast, I can recommend
the (free) Contrast Analyser by the Paciello Group:
<http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/contrast-analyser.html>. This
tool is available for Windows and Mac. Just make sure that you check
the luminosity algorithm.

(There is some guidance for this tool at
<http://www.spotlessinteractive.com/articles/accessibility/colour-contrast-analyser.php>,
but it's really very easy to use.)

Christophe, would you mind to add this information to the tools list in
the wiki (somebody was so kind to transfer from OOo to LibO)? Within
OOo, I've already added the "Colorblind Web Page Filter". And if you
know something for Linux as well ... would be great (as well *g*).

Here is the link:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/User_Experience/Tools#Evaluation

Cheers,
Christoph